Terms and Conditions
Event Organiser: Tudor Barn (1505) Ltd of Brightwell Grange, Britwell Road, Burnham, Bucks SL1 8DF. "The Organiser" Tel. 01628 664 660 Email firstname.lastname@example.org. "Premises" The Tudor Barn at Brightwell Grange, Britwell Road, Burnham, Bucks SL1 8DF and the adjoining grounds and facilities called the "Barn". "Client" The person or persons who have entered in to this agreement with the Event Organiser."Caterers" Tudor Catering of Evelyn Cottage, One Pin Lane, Farnham Common SL2 3QY.
- These Terms and Conditions are incorporated together with the financial terms as set out on the booking form (and summarized at the foot of this page).
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel any booking without liability on its part in the event of any damage or destruction of its premises by fire or other causes, any shortages of labour or food supplies, strikes, walk-outs or industrial unrest or any other cause beyond the control of The Barn which shall prevent it from performing its obligations in connection with any booking.
- Should the number of adults attending the event on the date for any reason falls below 70, then the Organiser reserves the right to charge 100% of the original number reserved.
- If the account is not paid 8 weeks prior to the event, The Organiser reserves the right to cancel your event and the deposit will be forfeited and an additional cancellation fee will be applied as stated below.
- The Organiser accepts no responsibility for the property of clients including wedding items (cake, presents, decorations, etc.), vehicles and their contents, on the premises or within the grounds of The Barn. Any clothing or goods of any sort deposited in the cloakroom are entirely at the owner's risk.
- All wedding items (cake, presents, decorations, etc.) must be removed from the premises on the evening of the event. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for such items either during the event or left after the event.
- The Client shall be responsible for any damage caused to The Barn's furnishing, fixtures, decorations, equipment and utensils resulting from any willful or negligent act on the part of a client or their guests. The Client shall pay to The Organiser on demand the amount required by The Organiser to make good any such damage.
- The Organiser does not permit any food or drink of any sort other than that purchased at the Barn to be consumed on the premises (inside or outside). This policy is strictly enforced.
- The Organiser does not allow any entertainment or other services without prior written consent.
- Special conditions apply for parties held at The Barn including a holding deposit of £500 + VAT payable with the balance of the booking fee. Additional costs apply for parties where the majority of guests are under the age of 25. Details of these costs are available on request.
- The Organiser reserves the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or other behaviour which throughout the event remain the responsibility of the Client. Statutory and Regulatory requirements in respect of fire, licensing, entertainment, health, hygiene and safety must be observed at all times by the Client and their guests. The Organiser reserves the right to terminate any event where there is a breach of any of these requirements, without incurring any liability in respect of such termination.
- Once the Client and the Organiser have signed the Booking Form, except for variations due to the Client changing their requirements, prices may only be varied due to changes in VAT or other reasons outside The Organiser's control. In the event that variations do occur, the Client will be notified.
- There can be no variation of these Terms and Conditions, or the financial terms as set out in the booking form without the express written consent of The Organiser.
Summary of Financial Terms (full details provided with the Booking Form)
- A non-refundable deposit of £500 + VAT is required to secure the date for any event. The balance of the hire charge is payable 12 weeks before the date of the event or when booking, if within 12 weeks of the event.
- Wedding functions will be charged for a minimum of 70 adults for the wedding breakfast and the drinks package, regardless of whether a lower number attend.
- The precise number of guests must be notified to the Caterers and the Organiser at least 4 weeks prior to the date of the function.
- Invoices for the balance of the hire, drinks package and ancillary services must be paid to the Organiser by credit/debit card or bank transfer within 7 days of receipt and no later than 14 days prior to the function. Please note that a charge will be made for use of credit and debit cards.
- Invoices for the catering must be paid to the Caterers by cheques within 7 days of receipt and no later than 14 days prior to the function.
- The charge for a Civil Marriage to be held at the Barn is £300 + VAT payable at the time of booking and is refundable in the event of a cancellation. Please note that the Registrars will charge addtional fees.
- Failure to pay all invoices on time could lead to the cancellation of the function.
- In the event of cancellation, the booking deposit in non-refundable. Additional cancellation fees will be charged as follows:
- Between 12 and 6 months before the date: £500 + VAT.
- Less than 6 months before the date: Balance of hire subject to a maximum of £1,500 + VAT.
- Additional cancellation charges will be refunded if the date can be re-hired on satisfactory terms.
- A holding deposit of £500 is required for parties, which will be returned less any cost for breakages.